Hapeville First United Methodist Church is situated squarely within downtown Hapeville, minutes from the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. “Community Worship,” our weekly worship service, meets at 11:00 am each Sunday. Music is critical and a central part of our worship, and we offer a wide variety of musical styles consistent with the “Hapeville for the Arts” theme in our community.
A flexible and creative leader to direct all aspects of our vocal worship as we strive to worship God in an inclusive and creative setting.
- Part-Time, compensation is set at $800/month.
- Schedule: Weekly meetings on Sunday mornings at 11am, special events as needed. 1 hour a week for choir rehearsal (when COVID-safe) and worship set up on Sundays, 1 hour a week in worship on Sundays. Additional time for selecting hymns, choir pieces, coordinating special music performers, coordinating music with Pastor.
- Reports to Pastor.
Responsibilities of the Director of Vocal Music are as follows:
- Coordinates all music for services. A current service has about seven instances of music, including prelude, postlude, hymns, praise music, and special music.
- Provides or arranges for any necessary supplemental accompaniment beyond our piano accompanist for all necessary parts of the service.
- Leads the choir in Worship twice each month, or as planned, and on 5th Sundays in coordination with Hapeville Baptist Church.
- Leads or coordinates the leading of songs and hymns.
- Coordinates rehearsals in conjunction with our accompanist.
- Coordinates with Pastor for purposes of intentional worship planning.
- Coordinates with administration to prepare weekly bulletin by providing all musical selections in a timely manner and assisting in the overall programming of the service.
- Loves Jesus.
- Must pass background check.
- Skill in choral direction and ability to read music required.
- Knowledge of the UMC is a plus.
- Additional instrumental knowledge and ability to record oneself is a plus.
Please send resumes with a cover letter to email@example.com